Hello from Ohio,
We had transfers this week in the OCM. Tuesday evening we fed and trained 8 new missionaries. After interviews with president and roll plays they went to bed. At 3:00 in the morning we heard a knock at our bedroom door. Wondering if Kevin or Kory was sick and why was my door locked, I stumbled to the door to open it. Finding a 6'3'' elder standing there and telling me that he was sorry but there was a flood in the basement! A pipe broke and water was spraying out! Ken shut it off quickly. He and 2 of the elders mopped, scooped buckets, wrung towels etc. The FM manager came about an hour later and fixed the pipe. We were very grateful that it happened when missionaries were there. If no one had been in the basement when it broke we probably would not have found it until Kevin left for seminary (assuming he would have heard the water spraying and checked it out) over 2 hours of water running in the basement would not have been a pretty sight. As it turned out it made for an unusual 1st night in the mission for some elders to write home about! Only one pair of missionary pants had gotten wet. And another elders socks. A very wet carpet remenant that they rolled up and took out to the garage. After they left for Kirtland I washed 3 large loads of towels. Kory helped me vaccum,set up tables and set the tables before he left for school. I put the roast in and headed to Kirtland myself. After a few hours there and the transfer meeting at Kirtland stake center I went home. My sweet visiting teacher called to see if I needed help with transfers (Bryan Hassler got another job) I was very grateful for her help. We moved all the beds and mopped under them and then moved them back. Dried off a few of the items that got wet, washed sheets, folded towels, mopped the kitchen floor and we were ready for the departing missionaries to come. The office staff came & helped finish up potatoes, veggies, etc. for dinner. You never would have known if it hadn't been for president and sister Peterson falling asleep during testimonies!
Just one more reason to be grateful for a new mission home! It looks like by next transfer (6 weeks) we will be in the new home.
We are healthy, happy, and ready for spring!
2 comments:
Oh, WOW I bet you are thankful for a new home soon!
"...the rains came down and the floods came up...!" But you're built on The Rock so you didn't wash away!
Post a Comment