Monday, April 14, 2008

Service in the Kingdom

So I really thought I might actually avoid ever being in a bishopbric, being the radical, wild man that I am. But no, this past weekend I was called as Assistant Ward Clerk in the Bountiful Lake View Ward. (I guess I never thought of clerks as actually being in the bishopric. See what you learn when you actually go to church once in a while...)

All I can say is its a good thing I shaved the goatee off Sunday morning--30 minutes before the high councilman called me in to give me the calling and tell me they would be sustaining me in Sacrament meeting that day...

SO much for teaching primary and getting to watch Seth and Noelle be the smartest kids in the Ward...

I know this is shocking news, so I recommend everyone schedule interviews with their local leaders to reconfirm that the church is still true.

=)

3 comments:

Jim Cook said...

Good for you. If you ever want some advice on how to keep those jobs, let me know. I got my calling yesterday too and I get to teach the Priests and Laurels sunday school...You just have to know how to work the system ..... but you will do fine. It is just like work ...'cept different.

Kelly said...

So Dude, are you the Finance or Membership assistant?

And Congratulations!

Dan Cook said...

Membership.