Friday, April 25, 2008

Motif's fun fashion show!

Dan said that I should share the fun we had at our event last Saturday. We felt that is was a great success for the store, and now that it has been a week since the event I can actually think about how it went without breaking out in a rash!~

We had about 135 (I can remember the exact number but it was very close to that) people come. We served a lunch and had a fun fashion show. All my Peterson sisters were runway super stars and Rosalie came to enjoy the event and ended up being put to work, she was a behind the scene super star! Dan was the music man BOMB! I have to tell you it was funny a few of my friends from my book club came to the event and we were chatting about what they thought of the event last night at book club and every single one of them (on their own with no prompting from me) mentioned how cool, great, and fantastic the music was for the event...way to go Dan. You would have thought Melanie, Nikki, and Aimee had been modeling all their lives. They were super fantastic, the best of all the models by far!

We had a great day at Motif, the event was a success in the fact that all those fun ladies who attended went to the store after and created a madhouse of buying frenzy that made all my sleepless nights and crazy headaches worth it!

On a personal level this was the most stressful thing I have done with Motif, for me personally it was more stressful than our remodel last year. I did my best to try and delegate a few things, but most of you know that is a hard thing for me to do, and I ended up working over time to make sure everything was perfect. I have enjoyed the positive feedback and feel a huge sense of accomplishment now that the event is over and done with. I have a good two page list of how to improve next years event, but I am not thinking about that for at least two weeks! Next years fashion show is already scheduled for April 18th. Hopefully next year we have it scheduled so that woodbage and home sales/moving don't conflict and my fun Utah female relatives can come and play! (Not to exclude outside of Utah female relatives but I don't expect a drive over from Cali or a plane ride from Dakota or Ohio just to attend a Motif fashion show)

Really I hope that all the wonderful people in our super fantastic family who work at or with Motif know how much I appreciate that I get to work with them! Dan and Melanie Cook, Nikki, Melanie Visser, Aimee, and Rosalie all were great in helping kick this new event and made it the success it was!

1 comment:

Holly Peterson said...

We are so proud of all of you! And very happy to hear that it was a success!!
Ohio family