15 years ago
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Dear Family
Judy and I want to make an announcement that will hopefully help us. I (Matthew) have been having some health concerns for the last several months that we had kept quite confidential to this point, but feel that it may help us to have some more prayers sent our way. It is quite the long story, but about 3 months ago, I had some changes in my eyes that were concerning, though I continue to see 20/20 with glasses and close up, I noticed especially my left eye being "sensitive" and different. I was diagnosed with "optic neuritis" which is an inflammation of the optic nerves, and quite often is an early sign of MS - a disease that no one wants to have. I have had an MRI and that looks good at this stage - so we still hold out hope that my future is good. Of course, this stress in my life, as well as some other things, has caused me to lack for sleep and worry a lot about my family, my career, and our future. On top of this, my neck has been a concern of late - and I am getting treatment for that from my good chiropractic friend. He does not think at this point that the symptoms I have in my neck and arms are related to my eyes. As you may know, I am a "planner" and like to know what is going on at all times. The doctors I have seen to this point all are noncomittal about what I have and only time will tell. I have received a priesthood blessing (actually two) that both say that all will be "right" and that I will continue to provide for my family for many years. I feel that I have faith, but it is hard somedays when you are totally fatigued and feel so poorly. Luckily, other than feeling very poorly, my ability to "fix teeth" has not been affected - and we pray that those blessings will continue. This has been truly the longest 4 or so months for myself and Judy - and one of great heartache at times to be honest. So, if we haven't seemed ourselves - now you know why - and we would appreciate all the faith and prayers you can send our way in order to combat this trial in our lives. Thank you all for being examples of faith in our lives - we love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Sweet Binns family,
our prayers ARE with you! And our love!
Yes our prayers are with you. And at the sake of seeming non-caring (which you know we do)...... NICE SHOT DORK. (Made you smile with that one huh.) We will pray for you daily.
Ok, so I'm a little slow with the family news but not slow to add you to our prayers as well. Take Care, and thanks for taking Michelle in, too!
Post a Comment