Monday, May 19, 2008

Washington Here We Come!

So I don't know how many of you still don't know, but I got a job in Washington. I started last Tuesday, as a lead carpenter. They want me to be a project manager in the very near future as soon as I get use to the differences between Utah and Washington. The Job is going well and is very promising. Rosalie is still in Utah trying to get the house ready to sell. It still needs some drywall work, hardwood floor refinished, baseboards and paint before we are ready to list it. If anyone has any time or abilities to help her it would be greatly appreciated, unfortunately we can't afford to hire anyone to do it. We had quite an adventure getting to Washington. Rosalie came with me for a couple of day's to look at houses while Stacie watched our girls for us as we made the trip. In Mtn. Home, Id. the truck started giving us trouble. I called Grandpa and explained the problem to him and he said as long as we could keep the transmission full of fluid we could probably make it 30 miles to the next town. well with lots of prayers and transmission fluid we made it another 300 miles to LeGrande, Or. There we spent the night and looked for a transmission repair place the next morning. Our prayers were answered again as we found a mechanic that was in the Bishopric there and would do the repairs for cheap. Rosalie's dad came down in a truck to pick us up and loaned us a vehicle to get to Pullman where the job is. So now the truck is repaired, Rosalie is back in Utah, and I am living with my brother in-law and sister in-law and working. Well this is getting long and I am getting tired so i will say Goodnight.

Ken

2 comments:

Melanie and Daniel said...

Is there something I can help with? Does she need help packing or watching the girls? Just let me know.

Judy said...

Congratulations on your new job! Washington is a wonderful place to grow a really nice family! I know you will love living there and all the new friends waiting to meet your family are very blessed indeed.