After 23 years and 5 months, Vickie said goodby to her beloved Corolla. For those who didn't hear the story, it actually 'died' on Christmas Eve as she was returning home from her last shopping trip. Even though she was only two or three minutes from home, her Corolla suddenly slowed and then stopped on a busy street. A very nice stranger pushed her off the busy street into a parking lot just a few yards around the corner. After working thru all the paperwork hassels, a Charity Donation group towed the car away today.
15 years ago
3 comments:
I'd say she got her money's worth out of that reliable car! May it be remembered fondly. There are still times when I wish I had an old car back that I used to have. Best wishes to the Cali Cooks.
Sorry about the passing of such a great car. I know how strong our attachments can be to vehicles! 23 years!? Wow! A record of reliability.
BTW - I like Matthew's nickname for you..."Cali Cooks."
Vickie - I'm feeling your pain! Not that I had my nissan for 23 years, but it was the first car I bought on my own and paid off so I truly owned it, and now it's dead. I didn't think it would be that sad, but I've grown kind of attached to my dear max the nissan.
Post a Comment