Saturday, January 5, 2008

The best Christmas Vacation EVER! :)

Dad and I in Kirtland



Dave and Kim and Family in Pittsburgh

My New Apartment

My stuff in my new apartment... where to start?!

Dad being a couch potato on New Year's Day :) He wasn't the only one!


This is actually Nicole posting through my parents account. Mine expired because I hadn't used it in a while... :) oops. But let me just tell you- the time between December 13, 2007 and January 3, 2008 was the absolute best of my life! Thursday Dec 13 after I finished my last final I went straight to the airport and flew out to Washington DC with my roommate Tiff. We spent the weekend in a crazy apartment hunting spree. We found a good place and flew home. drove to St. George on the following tuesday. Wednesday the family went to Vegas to pick up Dad. We played in Vegas for a few days, came home (to st george). Had my birthday, had christmas- wonderful wonderful family time! I loved it!- then December 26th my papa and I headed out. We drove two 14 hour days back to back to be able to make it to Ohio for Nikki's beautiful wedding! We spent a few days in the mission home and I was reminded how much I love the Petersons. Anyone looking for amazing examples and extraordinary people? Look no further than the peterson family! :) A few days later my papa and I headed out to Pittsburgh to stay with my aunt Kim and uncle Dave and their family. papa got to enjoy his new years "football, veg, and be a disgusting GUY" party with my uncle Dave. No one quite pulls it off as well as those two! :) January 2nd we made the last leg of our journey- a little less than 5 hour drive to my new home, Alexandria Virginia. I finished signing all of the papers and got the keys to my new apartment! Papa stayed that night and we spent the majority of the next day getting everything worked out from a bed to a desk to internet and food. I couldn't have done any of this without my dad, but that day I was especially grateful for his encouragement and help. He spent the whole day calling people and setting up my furniture (the instructions for my dresser were impossible to understand!). He worked and he worked and I couldn't be blessed with a better dad!
Around 3:00 that afternoon I drove him to airport- a difficult parting! There were definitely tears on the ride home all by myself that day.
All in all I had an absolutely wonderful Christmas break that I will always remember. My dad and I were able to get closer than we have ever been and I love him! My mom also sacrificed so much in letting me have him during this time and also all the encouragement and support she gives me. I wouldn't be here right now if it hadn't been for her support and strength.
Happy New Year everyone!!

2 comments:

Jim Cook said...

Sorry, that first picture is of Dad and I at the Columbus Ohio Temple- not Kirtland.

Matthew said...

Nicole,
I (we) think what you are doing is so great! Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing more about your experiences.