Thursday, December 6, 2007

Binns Thanksgiving-report-come-lately

Kelly, and all ~ I'm sorry I've been slow to share our Thanksgiving report. I'm afraid I don't have a picture of the feast and the "feasters." I regret to say I was consumed with many duties and didn't have a free hand for snapping pix. Here are some of the highlights:

2 days before Turkey day... Matthew's sister Kristen and her hubby, Randy arrive with their 2 daughters. They stay with us (guest rooms).

1 day before... K & R go to Provo to pick up their son, Brendan and his room mate Dave. They stay with us (cots in dance room).

Thanksgiving day ~ rise early begin cooking turkey, potatoes, pies, rolls and other stuff! Matthew's parents arrive (living in South Jordan now, after temple assignment completed October 31st) and join the "happy throng" of cooks in the kitchen!

Eat dinner around 1:30 after everyone debates the "doneness" of the turkey.
Mom and dad cook come over around 5 & we eat pies: pumpkin, chocolate, apple and mincemeat!!!

Play games, get out/put up/decorate/ Christmas tree (Binns family tradition).

Day after... go to movie ("Enchanted") with McQuays and BYU boys. Shopping and other dangerous adventures.

2 days after...cheer Cougars to a glorious victory (rise and shout!) ~ go to Temple Square with McQuays (boys back to BYU).

3 days after...attend church, bid farewell to McQuays as they return to Texas.

Whew!!

2 comments:

Jim Cook said...

So I don't understand what your problem is? Just a typical Judy day.... right?

Judy said...

Yea, yea, yea... whatever funny man!
BTW, Jim, I got your message yesterday. Thanks for calling and I'm sorry I missed you. I was out running... well, never mind you can probably guess!