Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Well, it has been exactly one month since I ventured north to the frozen tundra. First, I have to say that it isn't quite as bad (weatherwise) as everyone says here in Rapid City. They call it the "banana belt" of the midwest and it is somewhat true. Saturday, when I talked to Kelly on the phone it was below freezing and a blizzard and today it is warm and sunny (it hit 65 degrees). Oh yea, and the 1 inch of snow is gone. Tomorrow it will be back into the 40s and 30s, but it sure was nice for a couple of days. It is really windy here a lot though. The wind is always blowing. Could make me have to work harder on my golf game.
I have been having lots of meetings and lots of long days at work (usually 12 to 14 hours) since there isn't much else to do without my family. It is going well and I think I am making some good progress. I even got interviewed (after my boss) for the local news. It made it into the paper and even got on t.v. that night. I call it my 15 seconds of fame and if anyone is interested I think you can still see it here:
http://www.kotatv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7411527
You have to click on the video link to see me on t.v. but that may be my big chance at fame. So now it is back to being just a regular person. Fame over. Work continues.
I am staying with a great family in the ward here, the Andersons. They are both originally from the Ogden area and have lived in California, Vegas, Utah and here. They have 4 kids and their daughter Britney just got married last year too. Their oldest boy moved out to Logan after his mission to Georgia so they had an extra room. I almost feel like a part of the family. I get up with them and read scriptures at 5:30 every morning and everything. They are great to me. Almost every day we find more and more similarities between our families. It has made it a little easier to be away from my family, but I still really miss them.
I am excited to go back for Christmas. I am flying into Las Vegas on the 19th and the whole family is coming down to get me. We will be staying in a condo there and playing for two days and then go back to St. George. I am really excited to be with my family for a week. Then Nicole and I will head for Columbus Ohio the day after Christmas. Weather permitting, we will get their in time for the wedding and after that it is on to Washington D.C. At least that is the latest plan.
Well I wanted give a quick update, so I did. Over and out.

Jim


1 comment:

Holly Peterson said...

Very nice Jim! Bravo. I could not figure out how to watch it. But I could read it!