Sunday, December 2, 2007

"Ring" in the Snow

Well, this past friday night (or saturday morning however you look at it) I was sitting in my living room watching "I am Sam" (I know I probably should have been in bed, but I wanted to just check and see if there was anything good on, and i had heard it was a good movie and hadn't ever seen it; plus i thought it was maybe close to being over...I was wrong). And at about 2:30am the fire alarm went off! so we all had to treck out into the rain and wait. Luckily there wasn't really a fire, it was just an alarm malfunction. but it we were still out in the back parking lot freezing. Finally the firemen cleared us to go back to our apartments, and i finished the movie and went to bed. But at 5:20 it went off again! So we all woke up and tredged back out to the back parking lot. Only this time it wasn't raining, it was starting to snow! But once again it was just a malfunction, and after 10 mins we were allowed back to our rooms. But that wasnt the end of it. At 6:20 am it went off again! My poor roommate was actually already in the shower about to soap up. By this time there was already 3 to 5 inches of snow. And a couple people actually started making snowmen, like, over 5ft tall snowmen. This time, however not even the firemen came; only one policeman came. Fortuneately that was the last time. But the constantly interupted sleep made me too tired to get up and go to the temple and it was snowing too much to go running. So that was diapointing. I finnally woke up just after noon and spent threst of the day studying, well as much as i could. it gets hard stareing at the computer screen for eight hours straight. But then at 9pm i went out country swing dancing with a girl in my apartment complex from germany. It was suppose to be a big group that i got asked to go with, but because of the weather and homework and colds we turned out to just be four, and i didn't know any of them. But it was still pretty fun. i had never been country swing dancing before but i like country music and fairly good at swing dancing so it was ok. And she knew what she was doing and was able to teach me the rest. So its been a pretty good weekend. And it made it even better getting an email from the MTC Saturday, after doing a teaching evaluation Friday morning, that said they were recomending me for a teaching position! So with in the next two weeks I should get a call for a second interview, which will be with someone who actually has the power to hire me. So I'm extatic, and continuing to pray for the best. And for help on staying ontop of all my classes and homework, because my grades are all boarderline A's, but they're require hard work to secure it, but I need to for my schoolarship. So it will be worth it. And thats about it for now. Hope everything is going as well and better for all of you.
Lots of Love
KC
ARGENTINA ROCKS!
and BYU (it will be better once the snows gone--I know, wishful thinking :)

Sorry, its my fault our family thanks giving dinner pictures didn't make it up. It wasnt wanting to cooperate. But I get those up some time this week, hopefully, and a picture or two of my apt building covered in snow.

No comments: