Monday, March 24, 2008

The New Mission Home

I thought you might like to see a few pictures of the new mission home. We are supposed to move in on the 7th of April. However you will notice from the photo that we still do not have sidewalks and a driveway. If the weather will co-operate and it will stop snowing and warm up they will pour the cement. However, the church has already closed on the home with the builder they have a written agreement that the cement work is to be completed, the landscaping will be completed, and the air conditioner installed in the Spring. It is interesting the building codes and restrictions that are here in Ohio after having been in Utah where they are so strict or perhaps I should say lack of. I don't believe they would ever allow you to close on a new home and move in without at least the cement work being done. We really hope that there are a couple of days that are warm enough for us to get the driveway poured before we move in or I can see us really having a mess. The forecast this week unfortunately is for more snow and rain with the temperatures reaching the 40's a couple of times in the daytime but dipping into the 20's at night. The builder wants 48 hours above freezing with daytime temperatures in the 50's. As you can see the home has a brick front with siding on the sides and back. It sits back a bit from the street and has a fair amount of trees and shrubs around it. I thought you might also enjoy a few photos of the inside of the home. It is beautiful with all solid wood casing, doors, jams, and floor boards. As you can see all of the wood is stained rather than painted and I think they have done a magnificent job. Perhaps you can see from the fireplace the solid wood and the staining best. Of course Mom's favorite room is going to be the kitchen what a huge difference this one is from the one we are currently in. I believe she is really going to love this kitchen including the double ovens huge serving bar and the ability to get a bunch of people comfortably in the kitchen helping. There is also a lot of windows and they are big windows which let in a lot of light. The floor plan is very similar to the home we are currently living in other than the fact that there is a three car garage rather than two, the kitchen is much larger, and the general authority room has its own bathroom. Also there is a laundry room in the basement as well as on the main floor. That will really be nice for doing all the bedding when we have missionaries sleeping at the mission home. This is a look from the entrance to the kitchen looking into the entryway and on into the living/dining room on the left and on the right as you enter the entry way of the home. From here you can see the upstairs the presidents office is on the left and the living room/dining room is on the right. Finally this last picture is looking up the stairs to where the bedrooms are. This is a very short tour of the home hope you can tell a little about the home. But the sure way to see it would be in person. There's lots of room and it's all free so here's a big welcome to all who would like to see the mission home in person.

3 comments:

Jim Cook said...

Looks a ton better than before when I saw it. Very nice. Maybe Nicole and I will have to stop again soon (like when she comes back to report her mission to you :)). Thanks for all you do.

Ken Peterson said...

Looks great, hopefully we will be able to come visit sometime. I can not believe they let you close without all the concrete.

Lambsons said...

What a beautiful house! I love the kitchen and the fireplace. Wow!