Sunday, October 7, 2007

How Firm A Foundation

Our family has focused on building a temple in our hearts as they build the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. FHE lessons have centered on temples, their meanings, their purpose and the eternal nature of all that transpires there. Julianne will be going to do baptisms at the Jordan River Temple for the first time this week. We're hoping Grandpa will feel well enough to join us.

We heard of some friends that go out to take "time lapse" photos of their family during the construction. We wanted to do that too. We go out every 4 or 5 weeks to snap a picuture of the progress on "our" new temple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that you got roofing nails in your tires if you went out to the temple sight???

Judy said...

It's a small price to pay to witness the Lord's house being built! Ü Remembering all that our pioneer ancestors did - I think it's easier to replace a tire than to cross the plains! Plus, we stick to the main, finished, roads and avoid the back streets!

Holly Peterson said...

What a fabulous idea! And this will help me see it progress. I have been wondering.
I remember watching the Jordan River temple with our 3 kids! (and taking pictures too! How time flies.