Sunday, October 7, 2007

Thanks Jim!

Hey Jim!
Thank you for setting this up. This is just what I had in mind when I suggested we become a "blogging" family. I'm not really sure how all of this works so I'll do my best to navigate through it.

I love the pictures we've seen on here already.

South Dakota! Wow! Sounds like an adventure. Best of luck. You are going for the ultimate experience in "opposition in all things" (referring to the climate change, of course). Sounds like you will be very happy there. Poor Josh, the lone man in St. George.

Ok, so just a quick note to tell you all something very trivial and unimportant, but highly entertaining. When we returned home from G & G Cooks this evening there was a firetruck and other Emergency Response vehicles on our street. Neighbors were all out engaged in oogling and gawking at the house up the street from ours. Of course we must KNOW what is going on, so we rush to join in the "oh my heck-ing". Turns out our neighbors had a dryer fire! It ruined their laundry room and went (somehow) down to the basement and did some damage there as well as into the garage (just off the laundry room) and melted the front of one of their cars. Yikes! Well, Matthew has always told me that I MUST remember to clean the dryer lint screen thing-a-ma-jig. I used to "yeah, yeah, whatever" him, but now.... well, I guess I'll conform and become a regular lint screen checker. I feel badly for our neighbors for 3 reasons ~ 1) Their house is damaged and probably stinks, 2) This is their 2nd fire in 2 years (first time their son tried to cook something in the micro that had foil in or on it) and 3) Now everyone knows that she was doing her laundry on Sunday. Oops!

No comments: