Sunday, October 21, 2007

Spirtually Fed!

We just enjoyed a week of information and spiritual uplift at the mission presidents seminar. We had sacrament meeting in the Kirtland Temple. Elder Ballard and Elder Tingey blessed the sacrament and 3 members of the seventy passed it. Then we were instructed by them both. And Elder Ballard left us with an apostolic blessing. I didn't know if my soul could hold any more. We were with 13 other mission presidents and their wives. We went to all the sacred sites and 3 days of more instructions! Elder Ballard invited 30 of our missionaries to come do a demonstration for the seminar. He said he wanted to teach the mission presidents HOW to teach the missionaries. The night before this was to happen he pulled Ken aside and asked him to demostrate how he "teaches" at a zone conference using the new DVD's that go along with Preach My Gospel. Talk about a sleepless night! I was so proud of our missionaries! They never looked so good! My husband did a remarkable job. One of the missionaries asked me "Does he(president) ever get nervous?" Between you and me, YES, he was so nervous. But you really couldn't see it! He taught like he always does! Wonderfully! Then Elder Ballard took the next 1/2 hour and answered the missionaries questions. What a thrill for them. Then he and Elder Tingey stood at the back of the room and shook hands with each missionary as they filed out. That was definately the highlight for our mission. As Elder Ballard and Elder Tingey taught everything led back to the same theme: Call down the powers of Heaven! Empower the missionaries! I am just filled to overflowing and wishing I could overflow it to all of my wonderful family!
Love you all!
Sister, Holly Peterson (get it?)

1 comment:

Judy said...

"overflowing" has occurred:

Through blurry eyes and with goosebumps on my right arm I type this response:

Somehow, through your words and through cyber-space, the spirit has transfered a portion of what you felt. It pierced my heart and welled up in my eyes as I read.

Deep inside I "felt" this message: "Yes! She's describing the 'rolling forth' of the Kingdom. It is truly the Lord's work."

Hurrah for Israel!!!

PS ~ Very nice to know that you are, first and foremost, our Sister by birth. Just as wonderful to be your Sister in proclaiming His Gospel!